Friday, September 19, 2008

So the week is done


I am too.
I finished Gautama.

It could have turned out better, but it was excellent finishing something on such a large scale.

I also wrote something which is rather sappy.

A walk down my own street is rarely what it takes to feel overwhelmed with perpetual poetic verses, emanating through limited human lucidity. Wilted wild flowers waste unto tire worn pavement, whose dying colors sing of nature’s indifference; constant is its tune of brief endings, of births that soon follow, and of growth preceded and proceeding without influence of human thought or will. Knowing of a song greater than my brief existence thus, greater than brief existences for all held loved and dear, sought when overwhelmed with absurdities of my own life, and whose forever gentle melody plays and surrounds examples significant and insignificant, provides an unmatched grandeur. Sadly liberating it remains knowing of so much beauty observable from the relative grain of sand that is my own life, while sadly liberating it remains knowing no others see as I see. Liberating as I am completely free within my understood significance, and sad are the pangs of grief when knowing I remain unable to show what I perceive in full.

I wish all of you an excellent weekend.

3 comments:

Michael Piazza said...

Damn Kristian. Amazing.

I really enjoyed the poem (reflection?) too.

Are you going to national portfolio day business?

Kristian said...

I really want to! It makes an excellent excuse to head up there and see you wonderful folk.

Meghan said...

gautama is lovely, your style unique, it feels really meditativ. i'd love you see you work with acrylics or oil paints~something HUGE. :D

and ooh if you go to portfolio day i'll see you theree.